Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Ireland Adventures Day 3 Butler's Chocolate

Day 3!! Has it really been 3 days?? So, listen... there were only 1 or 2 places on this trip that I was adamant that I wanted to see before I left.  We haven't gotten to those yet, but we will. But when I saw this flyer on the tour of Butler's Chocolate factory I said "sign me up!" It was such a good choice too...so so fun. We learned about the history of chocolate and got a tour of the factory.. (cameras weren't allowed) we got little samples of delish chocolate throughout the tour then we went to the experience room and got to watch him make a filled chocolate. (Orange crunch yummmm) Then we got to decorate a giant elephant and wrap it too take home. And of course spent far too much in the shop. Mmm. Chocolate.
These were my peeps.  I was in my element.

After the chocolate breakfast tour we piled into the car and took off for our next adventure. We left Dublin and started making our way west towards the other end of the country. We stopped at a great garden and nursery and had a picnic lunch and re-arranged luggage to fit more efficiently.  We enjoyed all the flowers and gifts at the gift shop then packed up to continue on to Glendalough.  It was a good 30 minute drive through the countryside. The countryside you see in the movies and on magazines. Extremely narrow roads and sometimes you had to pull over to let oncoming traffic pass.. pretty crazy stuff.

More soon!

1 comment: