Sunday, August 17, 2014

Ireland Adventures: Day 2 Dublin Castle and Dublinia

Day two started out with lots of plans.. we set out on foot after eating at the college's continental breakfast. We headed for Christ Church Cathedral but took a side street and ended up at Dublin Castle. Incredible that you can turn a random street and oh! Another castle! Every other corner it seemed had something interesting to see. Dublin castle was breathtaking (pictured below)..

We went to Dublinia after that which was a very interesting museum on the history of dublin itself. Vikings and the English fighting over land and ladies and other things. I took a picture of Seth in the chainmail armor. That stuff was heavy!!!

Next we went accross the street to Christ church and thats where we discovered the coolest stained glass! So much detail.
I also grabbed a picture of the front through the fence. So amazing. The bells were ringing and it sounded like I was back in the 12th century.

On our walk back we passed this restaurant with meat stacked 3 feet high. It smelled like heaven so we decided to give it a whirl. My first Mediterranean Food. Shawarma. Go me! And I even liked it!

More on the 2nd half of our day later! My feet hurt.
Enjoy these pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment