Saturday, June 6, 2015

Take a Trailer Tour: Part 2

Windows.

Gosh that's boring right?

Well I didn't realize until my kids awoke the first morn, at a time I don't usually see on my clock, that our new tiny home is made up primarily of windows.

The windows are all equipped with blinds, but it's not enough for this Mama-bear who needs a cave to slumber... Since there aren't traditional window coverings (no curtain rods) just funny little velcro fringes and blinds, going around and placing blankets and towels over each of the 10 windows every night, and uncovering them each morning was both laborious, and time consuming. An theb dealing with storing a laundry basket full of these window coverings.. hmm. Space is a luxury right now. I took it upon myself to create something a little more efficient.

It wouldve been costly to buy new curtains, and the windows are all random shapes and sizes... So instead, using old dark curtains from our other house, I measured, cut, and using a hot glue gun-  (I love that thing) I glued sticky back velcro on to the fabric. I then took sticky back velcro and stuck it to the insides of the window valance. Voila! Curtains! I can roll them up to store above the window frame, or tie them back with ribbon. Easy peasy. These blackout curtains for the whole trailer cost me a total of $3. Woo! Winnner!

We have a small issue, I'm still looking for ideas on how to resolve... each morning (on cold nights especially) I wake to find all the windows severely fogged over. Not sure really how to avoid this, so if anyone has input, I would appreciate it! I usually vent the windows and turn a fan to dry things out, I also have a couple damp-rid moisture absorbers throughout the trailer. But in general I don't know if the fog can be avoided. The kids find it fun to draw in, but over time it can cause mold and mildew. No gracias...!

Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment