Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Foodie goodness (and Granola Recipe)

We interrupt routine trailer life announcements to bring you this foodie message.

I've been getting asked for my granola recipe.. and as I mentioned on facebook, a good solid recipe I do not have.

I've made it so many times I just toss the ingredients and go till its the correct consistency..

So.

I'll try.

(Disclaimer: Not responsible for the turnout of each individuals granola adventure result, but it will probably be awesome.)

3/4 cup nut butter (almond or peanut)

3/4 cup honey or real maple syrup

1 TBS vanilla extract

4 TBS butter or oil

1/2 tsp seasalt

6-9 cups of oatmeal, nuts, seeds, dried fruit, coconut, rice krispies ect. Use any combo you'd like.

Melt all wet ingredients and salt in a sauce pan over medium heat. Heating and stirring till bubbly.  Pour into all dry ingredients. Mix with spoon until all is coated and shouldn't be dry (glistening!) If your mix is dry add 2 TBS of honey and 2 TBS oil/melted butter until the mix is wet.

Spread onto a large pan and bake 300 degrees for 10 minute increments, pulling it out to stir until golden brown. Let cool completely before storing.

E
N
J
O
Y

In other news.. summer is inching closer, and it's my favorite time of year for so many reasons, but the fresh produce is a big one! We are celebrating Ethan finishing Kindergarten tonight with fresh strawberry shortcake! My handy kitchen assisted Chef Luke helped make the shortcake!

Ethan
.will.freak.

I love surprising my kids and honoring their accomplishments!!

No comments:

Post a Comment