Monday, April 7, 2014

Food is Fuel...Eating To Live, Not Living To Eat...

It's time for a change. Holmes Manor is undergoing a complete transformation of our eating lifestyle starting today!

Ok that was a little dramatic..but seriously... We are actually already fairly health conscious when it comes to eating. But we have decided to eliminate a few unnecessary ingredients. The goal? Eliminate Addictive foods, Allergenic Foods, and Acidic Foods...


Seth and I are beginning a 28 day detox, utilizing a clean eating plan, and implementing some Arbonne Essentials to help us along.

As for how this applies to the kids, we are COMPLETLEY eliminating all refined, processed sugars, and artificial dyes (See this link for more great info about why...)

As for Seth and I, we have chosen detox for several reasons..

Allergenic foods- the eating plan calls to eliminate all allergenic foods for 28 days... After the body is clear of these foods we can slowly reintroduce them.. If unsatisfactory symptoms arise, we can easily pinpoint the culprit.  I personally struggle with migraine headaches, a constant sore throat and sinus congestion, eczema, and acne... All of these these things are commonly cause by food inflammation. Seth has severe caffeine withdrawal, muscle pain, inflammation, and joint pain and we both struggle with fatigue. 

Sugar and Acidic PH.. Everyone (yes everyone)has cancer cells in their bodies.. Sick or mutated cells floating around and what we have learned is that cancer cells THRIVE in an acidic environment. A huge majority of Americans have a highly acidic PH and are harboring cancer cells and the cause of high acidicty is the american diet..... The second fact is that cancer cells have 7 TIMES more sugar receptors, making them thrive AND MULTIPLY in a sugary acidic place.... Thus the increase in cancer rates (over 40%) that means nearly 1 of ever 2 people. That's astounding!  Its very clear to us (having severe sugar cravings) that the bondage of sugar addiction must be broken.. Here is an EXCELLENT video that explains it best...

http://youtu.be/BXuFFn3PrG0

Arbonne essentials create several ways to aid in success of such an extreme change. The vegan, soy free, Non-gmo protein shake mix is packed with vitamins and minerals and free from any artificial sweeteners.. Giving a great alternative for busy people on the go, a GREAT REAL FOOD meal replacement for those who need it and enough protein to help stabilize blood sugars. The fizz sticks offer a coffee or diet soda alternative for people who need a pick me up without crashing, fit chews to help with a sweet craving, detox tea to help aid in the toxin flushing, and there's more but I'll stop rambling.

I AM SO CONFIDENT AND EXCITED BECAUSE Balancing blood sugar levels, gaining complete REAL FOOD nutrition, eliminating acidic and allergenic foods, and allowing the kidneys and liver to flush the stored up toxins will result in drastic improvment in moods (balancing seratonin levels) allow for better more restful sleep, cut cravings, and improve health overall..what's not to be excited about???

I plan to post bi-weekly updates with meals that were enjoying, pictures, recipe ideas, and just overall feelings and thoughts..we are ready!

 (Below are some awesome testimonies from others who have stuck with this awesome detox plan!)


"I can't believe I don't need my Ambien to get to sleep anymore. I drift off quickly and sleep more soundly than I have in years!" -JH

“This is more than a diet or detox or losing weight for me. This program is how I finally ended my addiction to food. Wow. That's powerful. I never really thought of that as a result of this program until last night. Food was not driving the experiences, I was. Thank you.” –ML

“This is the BEST THING I've done for myself in over a decade!!! My skin is bright, I've lost weight, I sleep like a baby, my brain is clear of the fog, I have energy, my moods are better and I'm going to keep doing this!” –EP

No comments:

Post a Comment