Tuesday, May 26, 2015

The first "Official Day".

So here we are. We talked about it, planned it,  discussed it, but actually getting here was a crazy feat. Condensing my home to a couple hundred square feet, from 9 kitchen drawers to 2. From 2 full bathrooms to 1 tiny one. From 3 bedrooms to a glorified 1. From an office, to an office rubbermaid tote. From city to country. We are officially trailer-dwellers! **Exciting**

I didn't count yesterday as our first official day because Seth was here to get things set up. We rearranged the trailer position, canopy, cupboards, blankers, clothes, food, toys, books, toiletries.. I even uprooted several plants from my garden and moved them here. Today is the first official day also because Seth got up and left for work. It's just me. And an "ordinary" school morning. And these minions. Together. In a trailer.

I actually got Ethan to school on time, fully dressed, fed, and with his lunch. Miracle.

Today has been a day of trying to settle.  What goes where? What do we do for quiet time when I cant shut a door and give me and Luke some "space"?.. how do I fit my food in this dollhouse fridge? Tiny house perk #1... dishes take 3 minues to do. Because let them stack up and your counter will disappear. Oh.. and laundry. Both kids coincidentally wet the bed last night. Exhausted little humans often wet the bed. Not to worry...

Hallelujah for those waterproof mattress covers I spent the "extra" to have.

My mom has been gracious enough to share her laundromat along with her property, garden, garage space, ect. My grandma's kitchen in her apartment downstairs, we have decided to start calling "Great's Cafe"...((the kids call their great grandma: "Great" ))

We shared our first dinner meal there at Great's Cafe', and shared cooking and cleaning responsibilities. Co-habitation has perks!

Today is for settling, relaxing, and enjoying the view... Oh and lets not forget to appreciate little things like "outdoor potties" for when we don't want to stop playing outside.

Here's the view looking in, and looking out from our sweet camode.. enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment